"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Monday, November 15, 2010

End of Day Journal (11-15-2010)

Summary:

Live trading on 50 shares today:




Funky day. 7 stops in a row this morning. Couldn't quite make things up in the afternoon.

I was sharing with Josh after the market close today - the point of decision for an entry is an interesting beast. At that moment I am making a decision with respect to which traders are coming in behind me. Sometimes I get it perfectly wrong - immediately out of the money. In those situations I tend to ask myself - why did I choose the direction I did. Check out today's trades on FFIV.

Overall - I found myself thinking in terms of 'Where is this stock headed?'. I tried to step back and re-focus on 'What are traders thinking?' but couldn't quite seem to pull it off.

I also turned one of the EMA's back on. I think this will help me to keep some perspective.

Details:


AMZN


CMG


FFIV


FIRE


NFLX


1 comment:

  1. nice comeback. i discovered quotetracker will give me range charts. they are quite difficult to read. i've compared a few this evening to regular candlesticks. the thing that sticks out is how different the range charts can look depending on what amount of range you input.

    ReplyDelete