"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Sunday, May 2, 2010

End of month review and strategy update

End of week/month account update:



In summary: 10% of the monthly target goal for April, with weekly at 0%, -11%, -14%, 64%, 3%. Averages stand at 0% for monthly, 10% for weekly, -13% daily. On average the account has gained -$51.08/day (note that is a negative gain).

You may notice that the date on the chart reflects up till 5-3-2010, and today's date is 5-2-2010. With the additional deposit into the trading account I had to come up with a way to document and record the changes. I debated starting a new chart from scratch, but the goals haven't changed and I think it is important to document all of the losing days to help keep things in perspective. They serve as a reality check. Hopefully these days are coming to an end. But nothing to back that up except some good feelings =)

Yes - I am that naive. This blog is about putting myself out there for posterity's sake: what it feels like, what goes thru my head, how I change as the trading journey progresses. I will probably feel like a complete fool for posting this after another losing month goes by. =)

But - I feel/think progress on several fronts. I feel like I have detached emotionally from the trade (as evidenced on the ability to cut losses on the few real trades). I find myself recognizing 'hope' and 'greed' and just not going there. I find myself reacting to predictions along the lines that Scott at FNG does. I find myself thinking the same things he does while trading. Friday was like - 'Hey - I am just along for the ride'. I am sure I have a lot to learn, but I think this is something more than bravado.

If nothing else - right or wrong - this could serve as affirmation or a warning to some new trader. Onlyt time will tell.

Best of trading to everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment