"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another chart compare

Thanks again to Fozz.

Here is a comparison of a portion of the CAT charts - both from TDA feeds. I can't know for certain - but the only difference I am aware of is the 15 second error on my PC's clock (my charts are white):



Big differences.

Traded differently? I don't know for sure. Probably the greatest concern would be that the entries/exits on candle changes were completely off. Not sure how many of those happened on CAT. It would have changed S/R determination and stop placement as well: e.g.: entering just after the green doji at 14:55, I would have definitely been stopped out (white chart, stop on the doji top). Too tired to examine it very closely.

2 comments:

  1. i put up the chart from lightspeed for TNA. unfortunately, i can't zoom in on those charts. it is amazing the difference in data feeds. you would probably make different choices depending on which chart you were watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the scottrade h/l ticker defintely works well but i don't think you can set filters i.e. avg daily volume. so it shows a lot of stocks, which would probably drive you nuts. i set my h/l ticker to stocks that trade at least 500,000 shares a day.

    ReplyDelete