"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Monday, October 4, 2010

End of Day Journal (10-4-10)

Summary:




Another great morning, with pretty much nothing working out this afternoon.

Largest stops:


Big one on LPS at $0.48/share. It looks like this wasn't a stop - it was an EOD flatten all. The spread must ov been crazy right then. MELI is at $0.44/share which was a stop and all over the place spread. Realized after I entered that I shouldn't of been trading it.

Largest wins:


$0.66/share on CTSH. POT is close at $0.64/share.

After the morning I debated the stopping for the day, but decided against it. This is more about gaining more and more screen time, thinking/hoping that I become more sensitive to the current market potential. Today I didn't have any inkling that

Still processing this...

Details:

AEM

Not sure what to say about this one.


AGU

Not a big mover - but at first glance, I was doing the exact opposite of what I should of been doing. I was watching this stock break thru, but I didn't feel good about the lunch hour. If I would of entered at that time, the stop would of been set accordingly - and never would of been hit... offering a potential $0.60 win. Which would of been the right way to look at this:


AXP

Marked this mid-day with the blue arrow, but passed on it as I was getting ready to jump in the shower. Tried to get some action late day:


BIDU

A few ticks more on the stop, wick rather than open would of been ideal - making it $0.24 versus $0.20. Gotta learn this.


BTU


BVN


CEDC


CTSH


CTXS

Looks like I picked the wrong direction...


FCX

Indeed. Not much direction - but I was duped into compounding the losses by trying the reverse.


ILMN
 

INFY


LLL


LPS

Spotted this much too late. I shouldn't of initiated the position.


MELI

Came down fast right at the candle start. I was reading lower high. I was reading wrong.


NEM

Looks like the stop was on prior resistance - of the 11:30 - 12:00 variety. I should of used nearer term: $0.16 versus $0.09:


NFX

Not the best of entries, a little on the early side with no clear resistance.


PH

This stop was placed correctly... suckers play?


POT

Thought this was going to move big time after the 11:50 support gave way on bigger volume.


RIG


UTX

No comments:

Post a Comment