"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

End of Day Journal (10-26-2010)

Summary:

Paper traded 200 share lots today:




$2.42/share and $2.53/share on CMG and NFLX respectively. I also had a $0.92/share on NFLX right before the long run. Biggest losses on SOHU for 2 @ $0.88/share and 2 @ $0.60/share.

Done early. I have to get ready to teach a class at ASU this afternoon, and I am still behind on my sleep.

I did one incredibly stupid entry today (SOHU). I regretted it as soon as I was in. But - and this was another mistake - I decided to wait to see what would happen: 'After all, no one knows what will happen next'. A definite no-no - the likelihood of the trade moving in direction was not high and I should of exited as soon as I realized that. Instead I waited, and then added to a loser. I thought the add was a good entry, it was not emotionally wracked and oblivious to what was happening. Still a mistake.

Other than that, I had problems getting a grip on LXK. I moved my stop down as it looked like indecision was setting in and volume was increasing on the top side of the channel.

Charts won't reflect the full day's action. The greatest thing about the range charts is that it is very easy to see at which price level volume is coming in at. This means it is time to get out. I don't want to set myself up here, but my trading is changing.

I threw the NFLX and CMG trades on a 5 minute - all said and done, they are much prettier to look at:


CMG




Details:

CMG


LXK


NFLX


SOHU

This chart is on the 15.

4 comments:

  1. Good work man. You're definitely making strides. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet trading.

    get some!!!!!!!!

    i don't know what is making you see these moves, but it's neat. did you ever thinking about adding volume by price indicator to your regular ninja trader charts. it will help you identify where and at what price volume is on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks bro.

    Yeah - I have looked at that a few times. The horizontal price overlay is hard for me to read; quite honestly, it is difficult for me to make any sense out them at all. Maybe you can show me?

    ReplyDelete