"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Thursday, October 21, 2010

End of Day Journal (10-21-2010)

Summary:

Paper traded 200 share lots today:




The charts and summary only reflect the afternoon trading. I traded the morning but forgot to switch the chart over to the 20 range bar. I ended up bouncing around some between the 15 and 30 range bars. By the end of the morning I was up about $100 on 20 something trades (per NT) and had decided to go with 2 charts: one 15 range for the smaller moving stocks and a 25 for larger moving stocks. I re-set the account for the afternoon trading to put it to the test.

I ended up watching NFLX ($8.36 using high of the day minus low of the day) and AAPL ($7.94) on the 25 and V ($2.3) and GS ($3.4) on the 15. For AMZN ($4.84) I actually referred to both charts, probably because I was in it so long - entering and exiting on the 25.

This seems like a good compromise so I plan on sticking with this setup for the next week and a half. I am trying to get some alert columns setup on the MA (general 'stock in play') which might be awhile.

Not much to say about the trades, I am still getting a feel for the range bar price action, but I really like looking at the data this way. Had some 'Do I believe?' moments while in position, but other than that, a stress free day of trading.

Trade well.

Details:


AMZN:



GS:


V:

3 comments:

  1. voodoo charts. i'm interested to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iknorite?

    It is actually not as bad as it looks - trend confirmation via the MA's and dynamic S/R on the straight lines.

    Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete