"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

End of Day Journal (10-27-2010)

Summary:

Paper trading 200 share lots:





Well - net negative for the afternoon. I am the culprit, FFIV was the stock. I take a closer look at what I did in the review.

This morning and this afternoon I jumped around between a 30 and 45 range for the 'bigger picture', there were some very big movers today. Check out MCP's 45 range - something like 15% of today's volume right at the HOD; something had to happen.

Trade well.

Details:

FFIV (15 and 45 range)

There isn't much to say really, my timing was off. I recognized that the stock was at the top and we were running short on buyers. A little bit on the early side, and when I got stopped I reversed, then reversed again. The initial read was good, but my stop was out in 'space'. The action was slow and it felt like buyers rather than early shorts getting stopped - but who knows? The mistake was made when I started reversing - I think it was more out of habit than really focusing on what was going on. I need to stop and ask if a reverse is justified before pulling the trigger (e.g., like I did on TEO today) 



LXK


 MCP (15 and 45 range)



 
 NFLX


 NOV



TEO

I am proud of this move - the first long was stopped. I let it go a little bit before making a decision and decided that another long was justified. This is how I should of played FFIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment