"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Friday, October 22, 2010

End of Day Journal (10-22-2010)

Summary:

Paper trading 200 share lots:




I started trading this morning but ran into some technical glitches so ended up spending all morning on getting things straightened out again. I went for a quick walk then over lunch and came back for the afternoon session.

I plan on taking the weekend to make sure I have everything nailed down, but it is difficult in a non-live data environment. I am trying to develop something so I can see the chart trend info on a worksheet (NT's MA), which lets me ignore charts that are not trending (fast EMA is not over slow). I find that using the range bars forces me to pay more attention to a stock if I want to trade it, when a stock is in play, I have to watch it closely or I lose the opportunity - on the entry and exit. So I want to spend less time flipping thru charts and more time watching charts that are of interest. Creating the worksheet allows me to quickly weed out blah-blah charts with a glance.

Pretty much have it done, but still getting the occasional weird reading.

So many opportunities today.

It seems I still have a problem with winners becoming losers with this approach, especially on volatile stocks - but this approach helps keep me in big trends and I think it is worth the occasional +$0.80 gain coming back to a stop (I just need to believe - CMG was good for another $1).  I also tend to anticipate moves - which had me placing an early long on AAPL. These are the same kinds of problems I have using the 5 minute charts, however now I am only trying to trade trend, which kept me out of reversing and probably doubling my losses. Funky. The real variable is always me. Gotta believe.

Trade well.

Details:

I am posting snapshots from both ranges today for my own records. I forgot to turn off the test signal I was using to create the worksheet on the 15's so there is some extra noise.

AAPL



 AMZN



 CMG



FSLR


No comments:

Post a Comment