"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Friday, January 8, 2010

End of day journal (1/08/2010)

Almost a fifth day of gains... almost; but then I would have had to pinch myself or something. Back to reality...

Selling:


Did not sell today. The position I entered yesterday realized a significant gain, closing somewhat off of the high. I will probably glance over the general performance this weekend and try to have some idea about what to do on Monday. Maybe this is one of those 20% gainers I keep missing.

Buying:


A stock that showed up on yesterday's buy criteria showed up again today - with a 2% gain for the day. I was watching it early on but was reluctant to buy in due to the relatively low volumes. I ended up chasing the price up and bought just off of the day's high. I bought back in again after it settled, but was not able to fulfill the complete order. Another day of low buy candidates...

What ifs:


Ok - I should not have chased the price on the purchase. This seems to stem from a lack of confidence in my assessment - which sometimes serves me well. I broke my own rule with respect to waiting till later in the day to purchase, in order to guard against the stock falling out of the buy criteria by day's end. But then again - the stock did meet the buy criteria yesterday as well, which was unusual, I should probably note this.

No comments:

Post a Comment