"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

End of day journal (1-20-2010)

Bummer of a day.

Selling:

Did not sell anything today, decided to ride the wave down.

Maybe it was more like, I had no idea what was going to happen, so I stuck with the program. Again, the idea is that the overall market selling spilled over into my picks; fundamentally, the portfolio is still good.

Buying:

Doubled up on a position, which, by end of day, did nothing for the account value.

What ifs:

What if I had sold at open? And bought back in on the same stocks at day close? Naw - I can't time the market like that, I am not sure anyone can. I tried that all last spring, summer and most of the fall with nothing to show for it but losses. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

By the way, updates have been delayed because I have been sick - again. I had most of yesterday's end of day journal typed before retiring for the evening, so I think it pretty much captures the mood I was in.

And - one additional point of interest, yesterday's sell was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment