"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

End of day journal (1-25-2010)

Mixed day today, but overall a good return.

Selling:
For the most part I held all positions today. An open order was partially filled at end of day, but was not completed.

Buying:
Established two new positions today in the last half hour of trading.  One closed with a modest gain, but the second actually fell out of the screener before end of day. not sure what to do with this one.

What ifs:
Early morning saw the account value bump up >$1000. I should have perhaps sold. I didn't because several positions were still showing negative overall. I am beginning to wonder whether or not I should re-assess the way I measure the gain. On a side note (and some positive reinforcement), all of the positions that I sold out of on Friday closed lower again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment