"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

End of day journal (1/04/2010)

What a great day on the markets!

The account saw a substantial increase in value. Most of this had to do with the steep sell off on New Year's Eve, but regardless, it is cool to see the value increase.

I still feel like I am wandering around on my sell points, not quite sure if I trust my approach and analysis yet. For the day:

Selling


There was only one stock that actually showed a positive gain, and I ended up closing out of that position for a $219.89 gain (1.8%) over 3 days.

Buying


Only one stock on the NASDAQ passed the buy criteria, and with relatively low volume, I was a little hesitant to buy, but I went ahead and did it. It ended up closing up slightly from the buy point.

What-if


Another stock came relatively close to it's sell trigger, but didn't quite reach it, and then proceeded to lose most of the positive gains, closing for an insignificant overall gain. That is always an end of the day kick-myself - should I have sold for the overall positive (and significant) gain? The third stock closed substantially higher, but is still showing a slight overall loss. Nothing happened to either during after hour trading. Tomorrow will offer some additional perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment