"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

End of day journal (1-27-2010)



Today was stressful.

Selling:
Shortly into the morning I liquidated everything. No doubt about it, it was an emotional decision. The account was showing mixed balances and then took a steep nosedive and I sold. I also sold a partial on a round trip later in the day.

Buying:
 I bought back in during the course of the day. Completed one round trip with another partial.

What ifs:
Two of the three positions that I liquidated finished the day higher. Tough call here, but it is what it is.

You may notice the big increase in the account balance - this is actually due to the Ticketmaster stock that I purchased on Monday. As of today, the proposed translation to LYV is 1 to 1.474 which by end of today bumped the account value up ~$2200. I decided to go ahead and include this.

2 more trading days in the month. Wonder how it will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment