"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Monday, June 7, 2010

End of Day Journal (6-7-2010)

Summary:


Today was an excellent day, not a whole lot to say about it.

I did have some data problems, TDA was missing historical data on several stocks and SPY which was slightly annoying. Also, the shadow strategy was posting to the Sim account so the summary is all screwed up. I was well over $1000 in profits though by EOD.

With the account overlap I won't be able to separate trades, so no in depth detail/analysis today. As for the summary, I paper traded 500 share lots today, doubled up on two positions, and got I stopped out about 3 or 4 times. I traded in 5 stocks (CMI, CSTR, DNDN, TNA, VECO) and traded about 10 or 11 times. The low number of trades is partially due to the data feed problems (got a late start trying to figure out what was going on), but I would like to say that I was more focused and better tuned to the markets today as well. I traded from about 8:15 to 9:30, then from 11:30 to 1:00 (all times PST). Listened to Scott's MP3 before each trading session. I plan on taking things live tomorrow with the same format.

And a big shout out to the FOZZ (!!) for showing me what a real new highs/lows ticker is. I am sure this contributed to the over all market pulse reading today. Thanks bro!

Trade well!

3 comments:

  1. yeah buddy, get some! i was flat todya but extremely happy. it is amazing the same candles are occurring day in and day out. i feel like i can teach anyone to do this, even though i am still net negative, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you - and I think the confidence is great!

    It is scary to be out there with my confidence sometimes, especially on such a public forum. I keep thinking 'What if I bomb tomorrow?' Heh.

    It is what it is, we are doing the best we can, and we are learning every day. If we find out our confidence is misplaced tomorrow, so be it; we have found out something else about ourselves. Be in the moment, enjoy it, learn from it. A step in every successful trader's journey, and we are well on the road to successful trading. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Fool! I hope you have many more great trading days to come.

    ReplyDelete