"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

End of Day Journal (6-30-2010)

Summary:

Positive today at +$1832:


Cumulative profit curve:


DO was the big winner - an easy trade, easy calls, but I didn't get it all.

I didn't do so well on the ETF's, a lot of ins, discretionary outs and a few stops. Scott traded the ETF's as well this afternoon and doing some quick comparisons and... there is no comparison... just a lot to learn. I entered 9 times on QLD over his first afternoon entry to exit. He was able to hold onto a 58 tick retrace on TNA; go figure, I would have held till it was ready to turn around and exited at the worst possible time.

That happens a lot to me, i.e., exiting at the worst possible moment. Check out the 9:30 and 12:40 exits on TNA (usually holding at least one more ETF and trading the same): in position, holding on thru some chop, then when I call enough, it turns around; almost immediately. And this is me paper trading - it would seem that my threshold/limit is almost right at the limit of everyone else's; for the trade to regain direction again enough people have to capitulate.

I had some great entries on big moves today, generally market moves, and I came out too early. Again, like yesterday I considered just staying in to see what would happen. I may try that tomorrow...

Good day for the confidence. A few more like this and I may be able to handle some live action.

Trade well!

Details:

CECO (+$81):




CF (+$180):



DO (+$1553):



EDZ (-$115):



HOG (+$30):



QLD (-$160):



TNA (+$299):



VXX (-$17):


3 comments:

  1. its a bear market you know. so that makes it easier to hold when you are short

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I was full of questions and commented on your entries today - all of about 1 minute ago =)

    That makes some sense - I was not thinking along those lines today: overall market bias. My mental picture was not that big; I was more narrowly focused.

    Well - if you have anything to add after reading those questions feel free, but I think this settles a lot of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you dominated that DO nice job. i can't believe i missed it. if i am in a stock i am too focused on it. i need to set the stop and forget it and find the next move. i had it on the screen and was waiting for the doji and plain missed it.....

    crush 'em again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete