"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."

- Niels Henrik David Bohr

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

End of Day Journal (3-29-2010)

The day was a disaster as it concerns paper trading results. A lot of technical/logistical hurdles. I am trying to juggle three platforms: SD for screens, NT for entry/exit, and IB for trading. Go figure. By the end of the day things were coming together quite nicely, so tomorrow (3-30-2010) will be the real test.

Another part of this: paper trading is hard for me to take seriously, and I tend to adopt this 'Go for it' mentality. This weird mixture of 'I don't really know if this is the right thing to do' coupled with 'Do it anyways and see what happens'. I need to reign this in - i.e., be aware of it and consciously make the decision not to do it.

(This was posted late on 3-30-2010. Got carried away with the day I did).

No comments:

Post a Comment